Public utility companies benefit daily from knowledge derived from research supported by the TREE Fund. Recent TREE Fund research projects have contributed to the development of:
- Vegetation management programs that provide for safe, reliable and cost effective electric service to customers
- Safer techniques and equipment for practicing utility arborists
- Better understanding of tree biomechanics and hazard tree indicators
The Tour des Trees is the world’s largest fundraiser for tree research and the signature fundraiser for the Tree Research and Education Endowment Fund (TREE Fund). Since its inception in 1992 the Tour has raised more than $4.8 million for arboriculture research, education programs and scholarships for aspiring tree care professionals.
Sponsorships of the Tour des Trees cover the costs of the event, ensuring that the money raised by the Tour cyclists can be dedicated to research and education programs.
The Power Source Alliance is a select group of utilities who are committed to responsible, engaged advocacy for the urban forest and the research vital to its survival. As the challenges to our environment evolve the demand for new knowledge will continue to escalate, necessitating a reliable source of funding for research. The Alliance was created to ensure that the Tour des Trees remains a solvent, viable engine for generating research dollars.
Power Source Alliance members commit to:
- $10,000 annual sponsorship of the Tour des Trees
Power Source Alliance member benefits include:
- One complimentary 2011 STIHL Tour des Trees jersey to wear or display (available to 2011 Charter Members only)
- Special placement of your company logo on the official Tour des Trees apparel and signage
- Recognition on the TREE Fund and STIHL Tour des Trees websites
- Recognition in a news release to the arboriculture and utility press introducing the Alliance and its membership
- Recognition at the opening and closing ceremonies of the 2011 VA2DC Tour
- An invitation to be the “featured sponsor” at a rider dinner during the Tour
- Opportunity to participate in the 1-day Ride for Research in Virginia Beach on October 2 and daily public education and awareness programs during the Tour.
For more information or to enroll in the Power Source Alliance contact the Fund Development Specialist.