How do I register for Tour des Trees? (continued below)
- Complete the online registration form at www.tourdestrees.org. Register in the top right corner as an individual.
- Set up your fundraising page.
- Order your Tour des Trees jerseys using the same email address you used to register for the Tour. You will receive an email with instructions on how to order your jerseys within 7-10 days of your registration.
*Please note that we are asking that all our riders receive their vaccinations for COVID-19 in line with CDC recommendations for the safety and well-being of other riders and the people we interact with during the event.
What are Registration Costs and Fundraising Minimums?
Tour Riders: $100 registration fee. (Added fees if you request a single hotel room.) Registration fee does not count towards your fundraising minimum.
- $3,700 fundraising minimum for full-time (five-day) riders
- $3,100 for four-day riders
- $2,500 for three-day riders
- $1,900 for two-day riders
- $1,300 for one-day riders
- Virtual Tour des Trees at home participants: No fundraising minimum.
Full-time riders will need to have raised at least $3000 before arriving to Stamford on September 22. Fundraising minimums must be met by October 1, 2024.
In the event that the in-person ride is canceled, all riders will be switched to the virtual event and fundraising minimums will be eliminated.
Volunteers: No registration fee for approved volunteers
- No set fundraising requirement, though volunteers are encouraged to fundraise.
Virtual Tour des Trees at home participants: $50 registration fee for virtual participants. Registration fee does not count towards your fundraising minimum.
- Virtual Tour des Trees at home participants can register on at www.tourdestrees.org and set up a fundraising site.
- Virtual participants can choose to bike, walk, swim, or run 425 miles for their milage goal.
- Virtual participants should make sure they connect their Good Move distance recording app to their fundraising site or enter in their distances on a timely basis.
- There is no set fundraising minimum requirement to participate, but you must ride at least 425 miles by August 30 and raise at least $425 (tier 1) or $1,000 (tier two) and in order to receive your custom cycling gear. You can create your fundraising page at www.tourdestrees.com.
What is included with rider registration?
- Double-occupancy hotel accommodations.
- Single rooms are available for an additional fee.
- Full-Tour accommodations are for arrival on Sunday, September 22 through the evening of Friday, September 27, with a closing breakfast and departure the following morning. Space and support will be available at the host hotel for packing and shipping bicycles through our departure time listed on the agenda on Saturday, September 28.
- Full-Tour riders – Six breakfasts (Monday thru Saturday), five lunches (Monday thru Friday), five dinners (Sunday thru Friday) with one night to be scheduled for “dinner on your own”.
- Partial-Tour riders – Breakfast, lunch and dinner each day you ride, unless you ride the “dinner on your own” day.
- Snacks, water, and other hydration drinks during each day’s ride, dispensed at rest stops.
- Comprehensive route maps and notes (electronic and hard copies, if needed)
- Full SAG support
- Luggage transfer between overnight stops
- Professional mechanical support
- Official Tour jersey: Three to five-day riders receive two jersey credits; one and two-day riders receive one. You must place your jersey order by August 5, 2024. Please wear your official Tour jersey on the road as often as you are able, most especially at starting and ending event days, and on defined days with key community engagement events.
- One Tour des Trees tee shirt
- Two Tour des Trees water bottles
- One Tour des Trees cap (by request)
- One KASK cycling helmet for full-Tour riders (Partial-Tour riders who raise $2,000 or more will receive a cycling helmet, subject to availability).
Is rider registration limited?
Yes. 2024 registration is capped at 100 full-time riders or 110 total riders, whichever comes first. Registration will close at that time. If we reach that level before the scheduled registration closure date (July 30), we will establish a waiting list. As registered riders let us know that they are unable to participate, we will move people from the waiting list to the active team. Once a rider is moved to the active team, full fundraising responsibilities and expectations will be required by the scheduled deadlines, even though such riders may have a shorter period of time to complete their fundraising. We apologize for this possible inconvenience, but we must maintain our road safety standards in terms of support vehicle to rider ratios, and we must operate within the accommodations available to us on a Tour that is largely hosted in smaller cities or rural locations with limited facilities.
What are the deadlines?
Registration deadline: July 30
Voler jersey order due: August 5 (Tour des Trees riders)
Drop out date: June 30
Pre-Tour partial fundraising deadline: September 22
Fundraising money completion date: October 1
Fundraising campaign ends: October 1
What if my plans change and I can’t participate?
Notify TREE Fund immediately. Your registration fee and all donations to your campaign are non-refundable. If you notify us before June 30 that you cannot participate, your fundraising minimums will be eliminated. If you notify us after June 30 that you cannot participate, your fundraising minimum will be half of your original minimum.
How do I register for Tour des Trees? (continued)
There are three steps to register: 1) registration form with payment 2) setting up your fundraising page and 3) order your Tour des Trees jerseys:
- Go to the registration/ fundraising page.
- Click the button at top right to register as an individual.
- Fill out the information on the registration form. Double rooms (with assigned roommate) are included with registration; single rooms are available for an $130 extra per night.
- Complete the rest of the form, sign the waiver, and make your payment.
- When you have finished your registration, you will get an on-screen message verifying your registration. If you do not set up your fundraising page at that time, soon afterwards, you will get an email at the email address you used to register with instructions on how to set up your fundraising page. (If you don’t see this email, check your spam folder).
- Follow the email’s instructions to go to the Tour des Trees Fundraising Site and, after logging in, use the Participant Center the top right to create your page. Add photos, personal messages, and fundraising and distance goals.
- Enter in information about yourself and why you are riding this year. If you come back to your fundraising page at a different time to make updates, you can do that through the Participant Center. This also allows you to post updates and share links to your fundraising page to help you spread the word.
- If you are a part of a chapter or team, be sure to add yourself to that team so that it can get credit as well. You can add yourself to a team by going into your Participant Center and then clicking the “profile” and “event options” buttons and then searching for a team. You may “Create a New Team” if you wish, but by doing so, you automatically become the team captain with additional responsibilities. If you want to be part of a team that’s not listed, please contact Jonathan before establishing that team.
- You can post an update to your fundraising page at any time. You can log rides by connecting through the Good Move app on your fundraising page, so as you train for the ride, post those workouts to show your supporters how you’re working towards your goal! Contact Jonathan if you need help connecting to the Good Move app and logging your activity.
- Visit the Voler website store to order your Tour jerseys using the credit assigned to the email address you used during registration. The credit will become available within 7-10 days of you register and you will receive an email with additional details. Contact Jonathan with questions.
VOLUNTEER TO WORK THE TOUR (STAFF, ETC.)
Contact Jonathan Cain.