How do I register for Tour des Trees? (continued below)
- Complete the online registration form. Tour des Trees 2021 Rider Registration
- Set up your fundraising page. Tour des Trees: Rollin’ the Rockies!
- Order your Tour des Trees jerseys using the same email address you used to register for the Tour. You will receive an email with instructions on how to order your jerseys within 7-10 days of your registration.
- Email a copy of your Covid-19 Vaccination Card to Jonathan at firstname.lastname@example.org
What are Registration Costs and Fundraising Minimums?
Tour Riders: $100 registration fee (added registration fees if you request a single hotel room)
- $3,500 fundraising minimum for full-time (five day) riders
- $3,000 for four days
- $2,500 for three days
- $2,000 for two days
- $1,500 for one day
Fundraising minimums must be met by October 31, 2021.
In the event that the in-person ride is canceled, all riders will be switched to the virtual event and fundraising minimums will be eliminated.
Volunteers: No registration fee for approved volunteers
- No set fundraising requirement, though volunteers are encouraged to fundraise
Virtual Riders: No registration fee for virtual riders
- No set fundraising minimum requirement, though we encourage you to set your own fundraising goal. You can create a fundraising page at www.tourdestrees.com.
What is included with rider registration?
- Double-occupancy hotel accommodations.
- Single rooms are available for an additional fee.
- Full-Tour accommodations are for arrival on Saturday, August 28 through the evening of Thursday, September 2, with a closing breakfast and departure the following morning; space and support will be available at the host hotel for packing and shipping bicycles through 11 AM on Friday, September 3.
- Full-Tour riders – Six breakfasts (Sunday through Friday), five lunches (Sunday through Thursday), five dinners (Saturday through Wednesday) with one night to be scheduled for “dinner on your own”.
- Partial-Tour riders – Breakfast, lunch and dinner each day you ride, unless you ride the “dinner on your own” day.
- Snacks, water and other hydration drinks during each day’s ride, dispensed at rest stops.
- Comprehensive route maps and notes (electronic and hard copies)
- Full SAG support
- Luggage transfer between overnight stops
- Professional mechanical support
- Official Tour jersey: Three to five-day riders receive two; one and two-day riders receive one. Please wear your official Tour jersey on the road as often as you are able, most especially at starting and ending event days, and on defined days with key community engagement events.
- One Tour des Trees tee shirt
- Two Tour des Trees water bottles
- One KASK cycling helmet for full-Tour riders (Partial-Tour riders who raise $2,000 or more will receive a cycling helmet, subject to availability).
Is rider registration limited?
Yes. 2021 registration is capped at 85 full-time riders or 90 total riders, whichever comes first. Registration will close at that time. If we reach that level before the scheduled registration closure date (June 25), we will establish a waiting list. As registered riders let us know that they are unable to participate, we will move people from the waiting list to the active team. Once a rider is moved to the active team, full fundraising responsibilities and expectations will be required by the scheduled deadlines, even though such riders may have a shorter period of time to complete their fundraising. We apologize for this possible inconvenience, but we must maintain our road safety standards in terms of support vehicle to rider ratios, and we must operate within the accommodations available to us on a Tour that is largely hosted in smaller cities or rural locations with limited facilities.
What are the deadlines?
Registration deadline: June 25
Voler jersey order due: June 28
Covid Vaccination Card emailed deadline: August 16
Fundraising money completion date: October 31
What if my plans change and I can’t participate?
Notify TREE Fund immediately. Your registration fee and all donations to your campaign are non-refundable.
Do I need to have a Covid-19 vaccination to participate?
Yes, for 2021, we are requiring all riders to send in proof of vaccination for Covid-19.
How do I register for Tour des Trees? (continued)
There are three steps to register: 1) registration form with payment 2) setting up your fundraising page and 3) order your Tour des Trees jerseys:
- Go to www.tourdestrees.org and click on the button pointing to the registration page
- Click “Register”
- Put a “1” in the “Rider” row that has the number of days you want to ride and the type of room you want (double or single). Double rooms are included with registration; single rooms are $100 per night.
- Scroll down and complete the rest of the form, sign the waiver, and make your payment.
- When you hit “Submit,” you will get an on-screen message verifying your registration. Soon afterwards, you will get an email at the email address you used to register with instructions on how to set up your fundraising page. (If you don’t see this email, check your spam folder).
- Follow the email’s instructions to go to Tour des Trees: Rollin’ the Rockies! , click FUNDRAISE at the top and either enter your information if you already have a JustGiving account or create a JustGiving account. Follow the prompts to create your page and enter in your fundraising and distance goals.
- Enter in information about yourself and why you are riding this year. If you come back to your fundraising page at a different time to make updates, click on VIEW PAGE at the top and then EDIT PAGE on the bottom. NOTE: When you or others donate to your ride, after you input the donation amount, there is a checkbox asking if you’d like to cover the donation/processing fees. This is completely your choice if you’d like to do this.
- Signing in to your page also allows you to post updates and share links to your fundraising page to help you spread the word.
- If you are a part of a chapter or team, be sure to add yourself to that team so that it can get credit as well. You can do so by searching for a team to join after you’ve registered and created your personal fundraising page. You can also join a team at any time from the edit options you have access to on your fundraising page when logged in to JustGiving. You may “Create a New Team” if you wish, but by doing so, you automatically become the team captain with additional responsibilities. If you want to be part of a team that’s not listed, please contact Jonathan before establishing that team.
- Note that you can post an update to your fundraising page at any time. You can log rides by connecting your Strava account or using the manual activity tracker on your fundraising page, so as you train for the ride, post those workouts to show your supporters how you’re working towards your goal! Contact Jonathan Cain if you need help connecting to Strava and logging your activity.
- Visit the Voler website to order your Tour jerseys using the credit assigned to the email address you used during registration. The credit will become available within 7-10 days of your registration, and you will receive an email with additional details. More information is available here. Contact Jonathan Cain with questions.
- Email a photo of your Covid-19 Vaccination Card to Jonathan at email@example.com.
VOLUNTEER TO WORK THE TOUR (STAFF, ETC.)
Contact Jonathan Cain.