WHAT IS THE TREE AND SOIL RESEARCH FUND?
The Tree and Soil Research (TSR) Fund is a permanently restricted endowment fund established by TREE Fund in 2017 to support research of interest to the landscape architecture and related communities, with special focus in the area of trees and soils. As a supporter of TREE Fund and its mission, the American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) will be sharing with its members the opportunity to make contributions to the Fund. TSR Fund will begin issuing annual grants of at least $25,000 per year in perpetuity after reaching its target endowment level of $500,000.
WHAT WILL THE TSR FUND DO?
TSR Fund supported research will include such areas of inquiry as:
- The design and specification of trees and soils in urban landscapes
- Propagation and nursery practices that impact the establishment and long term growth of trees
- Improving species diversity
- Tree root and canopy structure improvement
- Soil and drainage design and modification
- Tree planting practices
- Tree planting space design
- Tree establishment and maintenance practices
- Planting soil management and maintenance
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
You may make a donation to the TSR Fund by clicking here or via the “Donate Now” button at right (please select the Tree and Soil Research Fund from the drop down menu to ensure your gift is directed to this endowment fund).
You may read and print our general information pocket flyer on the TSR Fund here; note that it is designed to be printed on both sides, then cut down to two copies per sheet: Tree and Soil Research Fund Pocket Flyer
TREE AND SOIL RESEARCH FUND NEWSLETTER