WHAT IS TSRF?
The Tree and Soil Research Fund (TSRF) is a permanently restricted endowment fund established by TREE Fund in 2017 to support research of interest to the landscape architecture and related communities, with special focus in the area of trees and soils. As a supporter of TREE Fund and its mission, the American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) will be sharing with its members the opportunity to make contributions to the Fund. TSRF will begin issuing annual grants of at least $25,000 per year in perpetuity after reaching its target endowment level of $500,000.
WHAT WILL TSRF DO?
TSRF supported research will include such areas of inquiry as:
- The design and specification of trees and soils in urban landscapes
- Propagation and nursery practices that impact the establishment and long term growth of trees
- Improving species diversity
- Tree root and canopy structure improvement
- Soil and drainage design and modification
- Tree planting practices
- Tree planting space design
- Tree establishment and maintenance practices
- Planting soil management and maintenance
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
You may make a donation to the Tree and Soil Research Fund via the “Donate Now” button at right; indicate “TSRF” in the memo section of the gift page to ensure your gift is properly restricted to the endowment fund.
You may read and print our general information pocket flyer on TSRF here; note that it is designed to be printed on both sides, then cut down to two copies per sheet: